Our vkids ministry is now open with the following covid-19 guidelines
- Volunteers and children will be screened at check-in with an electronic, touch-less thermometer to ensure no one with a fever or symptoms is admitted.
- Volunteers and children over the age of 2 will be asked to wash/disinfect their hands at the beginning of each class and to wear face masks when social distancing is not possible.
- Everyone will be asked to cover coughs and sneezes with the inside of their elbow
- All equipment will be disinfected each Sunday after children have been picked up by their parents.
at vkids we believe children...
- Are fearfully and wonderfully made by the Lord (Ps. 139:14)
- Are made in the image of God (Ge. 1:27)
- Play a vital role in the life of the church (1 Co. 12:12)
- Are entrusted to parents to be stewarded (Eph. 6:1-2)
- Need the "baton" of the Gospel passed down to them (Dt. 6:4-9)
The vKids ministry exists to further the vision of Vanguard by partnering with parents to equip them to pass their faith in Jesus Christ onto the next generation.
what you can expect...
Children of all ages will be cared for in age groups that complement their developmental journey. Our volunteers must complete an application process a criminal background check, orientation and commitment to on-going training. In an attempt to insure that children are properly cared for, we closely follow appropriate caregiver to child ratios. Up-to-date children’s ministry check-in technology and security procedures are used so that their learning environment is both safe and secure. When we let go of your child’s hand, we want to be sure that the next one they grasp is yours.
What your child can expect...
During their time at vKids, children will learn the same Bible theme across all ages for any given week so siblings can engage with each other in faith discussions at home. Elementary-age children will benefit from a large group/small group format. During large-group, the kids will be immersed in energy and enthusiasm as they enjoy the excitement of worship, a Bible lesson, and interaction with various object lessons. They will then go back to their small group classrooms where they will have activities, application questions and prayer to deepen their understanding of the Bible lesson taught in the large-group.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
P.S. The first Sunday of every month we hold a "Family Worship Service" in lieu of our regular vKids programming. This not only provides a "breather" for our vKids volunteers, but also allows our children to worship and sit under the preaching of God's Word with their parents.