In an age where commitment is becoming less and less important, we are not afraid to challenge Christ-followers to commit to a local church. Both the Old and New Testament Scriptures provide ample support for local church membership.
Being committed to a local covenant community provides the following benefits for believers:
- It identifies you as a genuine believer. (Ro. 12:5; Eph. 2:19)
- It provides a family to encourage your personal walk with Christ. (Heb. 10:24-25)
- It provides a place to use your spiritual gifts and be blessed by the gifts of others. (1 Co. 12:4-27)
- It provides a place to come under the spiritual protection of godly leaders. (Heb. 13:17; Ac. 20:28-29)
- It provides a family to keep you accountable so you can grow. (Ga. 6:1-2; 1 Th. 5:14)
Vanguard Bible Church places a high value on church membership because it protects our unity, strengthens our culture and encourages healthier relationships.
‘ka-te-list = a person or thing acting as the stimulus in bringing about or hastening a result
Catalyst is designed to encourage people to make a commitment to our church through membership. We do this by “front-loading” information about our vision, values and convictions so that visitors will have what they need to make an informed decision about their future at Vanguard.
- an engaging workshop-like class built around our church’s 5 core values (Word, Worship, Walk, Work, Witness)
- required for membership (Those taking the class are encouraged to consider committing to the church.)
- offered approximately once per year
- taught by our Senior Pastor
- designed to prepare individuals to become “members that minister”
When we schedule our next class, you can register for it on Sunday morning at the Info Table or we'll created a link here for you to register online.
For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.
(Ro. 12:4-5, ESV)