During his ministry, Jesus talked more about giving more than any other topic. He also taught that what we give and how we give reveals the priorities of our heart (Lk. 12:34). At Vanguard, we believe God’s Word teaches the following about giving back to Him through His church:
- We give because He gave all of Himself for us (Rom. 8:32).
- We should invest in God’s eternal kingdom instead of temporary ones (1Tim. 6:6-7, 17-19).
- God calls His people to give back to His church sacrificially, faithfully and cheerfully as a part of our worship of Him (Mal. 3:10; 2 Cor. 8:3; 9:7).
- In return, He promises to reward our sacrifice (Mal. 3:10-11; 2 Cor. 9:6).
“God can do more with the 10% you give than the 90% you keep.”
There are 3 ways you can worship the Lord and support the mission of Vanguard through giving.
(1) Online giving: This safe and flexible option is the most convenient way to give at Vanguard. Through our online giving partner APLOS/WePay, you can schedule a recurring gift or make a one-time gift using your debit card, credit card or bank withdraw (ACH). This donation method provides SSL data encryption and PCI compliance. (SSL is an acronym for "Secure Socket Layer", a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the Internet. It's the same technology used by banks and e-commerce companies such as Amazon.com to keep your information secure during transactions.) Simply click the green ‘GIVE’ button below, fill out the online form and a donation receipt will be emailed to you once the transaction is complete.
(2) Online bill pay: Many of our members have set up Vanguard in their online banking bill-pay service. This option has your bank automatically send a check to Vanguard as a recurring donation. When using this method, please designate it towards the “General Fund” and use the church’s mailing address. Please make sure your bank includes your name and address on the check so we can send you a contribution receipt at the end of the year.
(3) In person: Some members choose to bring their tithes and offerings with them on Sunday so they can drop it in the offering bag. If you choose to give cash, please provide an envelope with your name and mailing address written on the outside so we can send you a contribution receipt at the end of the year. If you forget to bring your tithe with you on Sunday, you can always mail it to our church’s mailing address.
Donations to the "General Fund" help support weekly operating expenses of the church such as: facility fees, insurance, ministry resources, staff compensation and missions. Contributions are handled with the highest level of privacy and discretion. Your personal information is used only for church purposes and not shared publicly. Should you have any questions, please contact us by leaving a message at (661) 487-1797 or email us at