The state of California made national news this year because it is in the midst of one of the worst droughts of the past century. Record-low rainfalls have caused lakes to dry up, required new wells to be drilled and water restrictions to be implemented. In addition to the physical drought, Bakersfield has also been experiencing a spiritual drought. Our community is in a season of unprecedented and unlimited ministry needs. This spiritual drought combined with a 40% population increase over the past decade has created the need for more churches in our city that can share the Good News of Jesus Christ and minister to these spiritual needs.
Our vision is to see Bakersfield, Kern County and the world radically transformed by the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ. Through the Lord's abundant provision for basic start-up costs and borrowing equipment from ministry friends, we were able to launch public services in the Fall of 2015. However, growing a newly planted church takes time, lots of hard work and additional financial resources. The Downpour Fund was created in order to raise resources for additional equipment needs and developing a permanent home for our church body. Some of the current and long-term needs include but are not limited to:
- Funding our radio outreach ministry (The Vertical Minute)
- Additional audio/visual equipment
- Replacing outdated equipment
- Additional children's ministry equipment
- Trailers to store our church's equipment (we cannot store anything onsite at the school where we worship)
- Purchasing land or a facility for our church to develop a permanent home
We need your help to…
Make the vision a reality.
If the Lord has used the vision of Vanguard Bible Church to stir your heart, would you prayerfully consider partnering with us? Your tax-deductible gift will enable the Lord to use you and our church to bring much needed refreshment to a community that is thirsty for Him.
You can invest in eternity by using one of two methods:
(1) Send funds conveniently and securely through our online giving partner APLOS/WePay. This safe and flexible option is the most convenient way to give at Vanguard. Through our online giving partner APLOS/WePay, you can schedule a recurring gift or make a one-time donation using your debit card, credit card or bank withdrawal (ACH). APLOS/WePay uses SSL data encryption and PCI compliance. (SSL is an acronym for "Secure Socket Layer", a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the Internet.) Simply click the yellow "GIVE" button below, fill out the form and a donation receipt will be emailed to you once the transaction is complete.
(2) Send a check made out to "Vanguard Bible Church" with "Downpour" on the memo line to our church mailing address.
Your generosity will make a difference in a dry land.
We're already hearing stories about the lives that are being changed by the bold proclamation of God's Word and passionate worship at Vanguard. We’re pressing into Him so that we can see the spring rains of revival in our community, our region and the world (Hosea 6:3). Thank you for considering this opportunity and for being sensitive to the Holy Spirit. We hope you’ll join us on this exciting journey!